“Any attorney can try to assist a client, but my focus is understanding clients as people (and their businesses) in order to offer particularized legal service. This approach allows me to provide a personalized service that aims to achieve and exceed my client’s expectations.”
Bilingual in Spanish, Francisco is an experienced corporate attorney with a particular emphasis in general corporate governance, recapitalization, mergers, and acquisitions. His areas of practice include, but are not limited to, business transactions, contract negotiations, document review, entity formation, day-to-day corporate governance, and restructuring. Typically, clients look to Francisco to provide meaningful legal advice to assist in risk mitigation, legal compliance, general corporate governance, and strategic growth. Francisco leverages his legal experience when acting as outside general counsel to deliver pragmatic solutions and actionable advice.
Francisco’s transactional experience includes representing clients in a variety of industries, including but not limited to, agribusiness, healthcare, education, retail services, technology/media, industrial, financial services, and aviation. With the help of local foreign counsel, Francisco’s transactional experience includes servicing clients with international reach in North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Additionally, Francisco maintains and leverages his network of contacts to assist clients in non-legal matters.
Mergers and Acquisition Representation
- Serve as legal counsel of clients during M&A transactions, from the onset of preliminary negotiations to the finalization and closing of M&A transactions.
- Primary duties include, but are not limited to, drafting confidentiality agreements, drafting letters of intent, quarterbacking the legal deal team, managing and coordinating the legal due diligence, establishing and maintaining a closing schedule that’s tracks with the client’s desired timeline, and drafting and negotiating purchase agreements and related ancillary documents.
- Familiar with leveraging representation and warranty insurance, when appropriate, to provide an alternative to traditional risk mitigation methods.
- Experience handling transactions involving entity reorganizations and equity rollovers.
- Leverage prior M&A experience and case law when negotiating M&A transactions.
General Corporate Representation
- Provide guidance with entity selection for business startups.
- Draft initial formation documentation including, but not limited to, entity formation documents, buy-sell agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, corporate bylaws, written corporate consents, and other essential corporate documents.
- Assist with entity conversions, change of domicile state, and mergers.
- Serve as outside general counsel for day-to-day corporate governance matters including, but not limited to, employment and labor matters, legal compliance, and business disputes.
- Assist clients with business renewals, registration as a foreign entity in other states, and registration of tradename(s).
- Assist in translating Spanish contracts and documentation for domestic businesses.
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, Juris Doctor, (J.D.)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Jesus College at Oxford University, Oxford, England
- University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Francisco takes pride in participating in pro bono matters to better serve his community, and leverages his fluency in Spanish to assist Spanish speaking clients. His dedication to giving back to his community includes participating in a legal clinic to provide legal services to underrepresented groups within the community.
Additionally, Francisco is serving his second year as a board member of LIVE Camp, a Nebraska nonprofit organization that hosts an annual faith-based week-long camp that engages middle school Latinas to grow in their faith, embrace their Latina heritage with pride and become empowered as virtuous leaders in all aspects of their life.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Pro Bono work through Nebraska’s Volunteer Lawyers Project
- LIVE Camp, a Nebraska nonprofit organization, Board Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association (pending)
- Nebraska State Bar
- Minnesota State Bar (pending)